PROPER USE OF THIS PRODUCT
Always take this product as stated in this insert / user guide. You should check with your professional health care provider or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Individuals under 18 years of age should not use this product unless prescribed by a doctor.
Stop smoking completely while using this product.
The following chart shows the recommended step by step process for taking this product:
ADULT DOSE (OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE)
|Weeks 1-6||Weeks 7-9||Weeks 10-12|
|1 mini-lozenge every 1-2 hours||1 mini-lozenge every 2-4 hours||1 mini-lozenge every 4-8 hours|
|Do not use more than 15 mini-lozenges per day.|
Cutting back on your usage of this product:
The purpose of using this product is to decrease and slowly eliminate your needs for nicotine, while controlling your cravings. You should gradually reduce the amount taken per day of this product. Some individuals find it easier to reduce by substituting ordinary sweets or sugar free candy for some of the product they would normally use.
IMPORTANT: Do not stop using this product if you do not like the taste at first. Most individuals get used to the taste after a few days.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT
(RISK INFORMATION AND CAUTIONS)
- Using other medications:
Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medication obtained with or without a prescription. This is especially important if you take medications containing:
- Theophylline to treat asthma
- Clozapine for schizophrenia
- Ropinirole to treat Parkinson’s disease
Consult your doctor before using this product if you have or have had heart, thyroid, circulation, stomach, throat or mouth problems, high blood pressure, or if you are taking insulin or any prescription medicine.
Do not use for more than six (6) months without consulting a health care practitioner.
Discontinue using this product and consult your doctor if irregular heartbeat, chest pain or leg pain occurs or if severe persistent stomach upset (indigestion, heartburn) develops.
Consult your doctor if you have difficulty in reducing the quantity of nicotine.
- Consult your dentist or doctor if injury or irritation to the mouth, teeth or gum around dentures occurs.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Stop smoking, chewing tobacco or using snuff or any other nicotine replacement therapy products including patches before and while using this product since it may result in an overdose of nicotine.
- Do not use if you are under 18 years of age (the use of this product for children and adolescents who smoke has not yet been evaluated).
- Do not use if you are allergic to nicotine or any of the non-medicinal ingredients in this product.
- In case of overdose or if a child takes one or more nicotine mini-lozenges, contact your doctor or local Poison Control Centre at once. Children are especially sensitive to the effects of even small doses of nicotine. Symptoms of an overdose include nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, cold sweat, dizziness, disturbed hearing and vision, mental confusion, rapid heartbeat, difficulty breathing and marked weakness.
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding a child. Do not get pregnant while using this product. If you think you are pregnant stop using this product and consult your doctor.
- Do not use this product if you are an occasional smoker or non-smoker.
Medicinal ingredient in each dosage strength:
- Nic-Hit mini-lozenge 1 mg contains 1 mg of Nicotine
(as Nicotine Polacrilex)
- Nic-Hit mini-lozenge 2 mg contains 2 mg of Nicotine
(as Nicotine Polacrilex)
- Nic-Hit mini-lozenge 4 mg contains 4 mg of Nicotine
(as Nicotine Polacrilex)
Acacia Gum, Carboxymethylcellulose Sodium, Coconut Oil, Corn Starch, Flavor, Glyceryl Caprylate/Caprate, Magnesium Stearate, Mannitol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Steviol Glycosides, Talc, Titanium Dioxide and Xylitol.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
- This product can cause side effects, although not everyone gets them. This product can give the same side effects as other ways of taking nicotine. The side effects generally depend on the dose you take.
- You may experience unwanted effects because by stopping smoking you have reduced the amount of nicotine you are taking. You may also experience these effects if you underuse this product before you are ready to reduce your nicotine intake.
- Usual side effects may include hiccups, headache, nausea, local tingling or burning sensation in the mouth, changes in taste perception, dryness or increased amounts of saliva in the mouth or throat or feelings of indigestion.
- Common side effects may include irritability, aggression, impatience or frustration, anxiousness, restlessness, problem concentrating, sleep disturbance, increased appetite or weight gain, depression, urges to smoke, lowered heart rate, bleeding gums or dizziness.
- Less common side effects may include cough, pain or discomfort in the abdomen or chest, vomiting, flatulence or diarrhea, tightness or numbness of the throat and fatigue.
- Rare side effects may include running nose, stuffiness, sneezing / wheezing (bronchospasm), bleeding, changes in how things smell, difficulty breathing (dyspnea), skin flushing, cold sweat, eye irritation / increased tear production. Pain / tension or discomfort in muscles or joints, toothache, inflammation of the tongue or gums, damage to lining of the mouth, changes in sound of your voice, palpitations or fast heart rate, decreased appetite, hypersensitivity (allergy) including rash and / or itching (pruritus, urticaria).
- When you stop smoking you may also develop mouth ulcers. The reason why this happens is unknown.
- If you experience a side effect that worries you, or if you have a side effect not listed in this guide, tell your