Orecchiette with Rapini and Sausage
Puglia's traditional dish
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
1 broccoli rabe
1 onion, cut
2 garlic cloves, smashed
4, fresh sausages
500gr, orecchiette pasta
2 tablespoons, olive oil
1/3 cup, pasta water
1 tablespoon, salt
1/3 cup, Parmigianino-Reggiano Cheese
Hot Pepper flakes (optional)
- Wash the rapini and cut the stems.
- Add a pinch of salt to a pot of boiling water and steam the rapini. Drain the water and set aside.
- Cut the sausage in small pieces and set aside.
- Add olive oil, onion, and garlic to a large sauce pan and sauté on medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the sausage and cook until browned. Once the sausage is cooked, add the rapini and set to simmer.
- Add salt to a pot of boiling water and cook the pasta until al dente. Before draining the pasta, add 1/3 cup of pasta water to the rapini and sausage, and stir.
- Add the cooked pasta, cheese, and pepper flakes to the mixture and stir until combined.
- Featured item Nocellara extra virgin oil
- Tesori Orecchiette